Monday, February 15, 2010

Let the fairy in you fly....KKS Challenge!

I hope everyone had a great Valentines day!!! Today is family day and we all have the day off, how nice! We even had some family come visit for a few days, which has made my weekend! Us girls even had a chance to get 'crafty'!

I made this card for the current challenge over at Kraftin' Kimmie's Stamps Blog, this week the challenge is called 'Stash the booty' a perfect theme for one of the new releases at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. The new Annie Rodrigue line is all about pirates, too cute!!! You are supposed to have a 'hidden' element on your card. Since I don't have any of the new stamps to stash some real pirate booty, I chose this beautiful KKS image called bird fairy.I thought so hard to get creative with this one, but Melanie, this was definately a 'challenge' for me! So I pulled out a hinge from my stash and hid the sentiment (which comes with the fairy stamp) underneath a little panel....I know...boring! But I must say it was FUN doing it!!!!

I coloured her up using my lightest shades of copic markers, I had so many markers on my desk by the end it was actually humorous! I shaded a little bit around the edges with prismacolour pencil to soften it up. Then came the stickles galore!!! I added some turquoise to her wings, some crystal to her hair, belt, and ribbon laces around her legs and some diamond stickles to the bird. The dp is from Little Yellow Bicycle and the solid card stock is Bazzill. To see a close up of the gorgeous detail on this stamp you can double click the pictures!

I had so much fun colouring this image, the possibilities are endless!!!! Everyone should have one of these in their stash!!! Well off to spend more time with the fam! Hope you enjoy your day! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. OH sweetie, you did a fabulous job with this fairy!! The colour combination is GORGEOUS!! Love all the stickles and of course the hidden sentiment! Thanks for taking this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is sooo baeutiful, Kirsta! I love how you coloued her hair...stunning and all the shimmer too! The secret sentiment is so clever! Great job!
    Thanks for playing along with us at the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge and congrats on your KKS blog hop WIN!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista!! She is gorgeous...and you've totally rocked this challenge! I love the hinge you used to conceal your sentiment...so clever! Your colouring is, as always, beautiful! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see nothing boring about your creation. I love the hinge with the hidden sentiment behind it. Your colouring is fabuuuuuulous! Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy cow this card is stunning and I adore the colour combo...I may have to copy it tee hee

    ReplyDelete