Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ella's Pink Scrapbook Challenge Debut!

Today's the day!!! The very first scrapbook challenge for Ella's Pink Scrapbook at The Pink Elephant! To kick off our very first challenge we want to see you use your FAVORITE TECHNIQUE! Show us what you love to do on your pages, the possibilities are endless!

Here's my layout...using my favorite technique (right now), Stitching!
I used My Minds Eye (Abbey Road) Whirly bird paper, which I love!!! The paper with the birds originally had a scalloped edge but I cut it off so it would be smaller than the pink polkadot paper. I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges of the pink paper (using white thread) and then used purple thread and stitched around the edges of the bird paper. I used my pop dots to add some dimension to the layers. I also stitched the big pink 'swirl' which I took my craft knife to and cut around the edges so I could slip my picture underneath. I added lots of buttons and the saying I printed off on my computer.

Don't forget we are looking for 2 more designers to join us, for more details click here!

So be sure to check out the TPE blog and see what the fabulous Design Team has come up with and make sure you play along to win a fabulous little prize!

Looking forward to seeing your layouts! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome Krista! Love the stitching and the whole layout!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Krista this is so stinkin cute! Love your sewing, the paper and of course the picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, how adorable. The layout does justice to that pretty little face.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! The stitching is the perfect touch to this adorable layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummm how did you get brave enough to sew on your whole page! So pretty and sweet to show off your cutie patootie

    ReplyDelete