Saturday, September 18, 2010

Black & White Challenge!

Happy Saturday!
Today at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps we have a fun challenge from our super sweet and talented Donna!
She's come up with a BLACK & WHITE challenge theme for us!


I have to admit this definately was a challenge for me...I love my copics and really wanted to use this image (Fred & Ginger) but I couldn't wrap my brain around only black and white! SO, I broke out my embossing powders and tools (that have seen no love lately), and did some experimenting. I first tried the white embossing on black cardstock and although it turned out nicely the image was kinda hard to sort out with all of the detail (thanks to the feedback from a friend ;) so, I reversed it and embossed with black powder on white. I also broke out my old Stampin Up Pastels and added some chalk (sorry I couldn't resist adding some blush to her cheeks....so there's a little more than black and white on my card)! I've just started Breaking Dawn (the last of the Twilight series) and this reminds me of Bella and Edward (except the 'old school' vampire, Cullen is a 'TAD' more handsome than this fella!)....I had to make this romantic by adding the flourish paper and soft bow and the pins. And I couldn't resist adding the black tear drop (taken from some cheap earrings) to the sentiment (gotta love the buck store!).

Anyway, great challenge from Donna! If you want to see more B&W samples check out the challenge blog and play along with us this week, if you do, you'll be in the running for some KKRubber!!!

Have a great weekend, thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Wow you stuck to the challenge completely this is brill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your card on Kraftin' Kimmie's Challenge blog and had to hop on over to tell you how UNIQUE and COOL your card is! Love the design, details and how you incorporated the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absoultely STUNNING Krista...I LOVE everything about this card and all the detail you have put into it as well!! Gorgoeus work honey...You ROCKED this challenge! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is absolutely gorgeous, Krista!!! I love the hint of pink in her cheeks and the heart pin....such beautiful papers too!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krista, this is gorgeous!! I love how you have used mostly white and you've done a wonderful job with the pastels!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME black and white card design! I love the paper and Ginger's pink cheeks!

    ReplyDelete