Thursday, May 19, 2011

A hug for you...and mystery solved!

Everyone needs a good hug every now and then right? This card is perfect for such an occasion!!! Today I'm showing you one of the brand new lollipops over at By LORi Designs.

Lollipop Monkey (Girl)Now there's a little story behind this card. I coloured up this little monkey a few weeks ago and left her sitting on my desk on top of the matching dp by Doodle Bug Designs so I could come back and whip up a card later. Well, it mysteriously disappeared and I searched all over the place with no success! Until the other day, I was walking by my daughters little play area and something on the wall caught my eye. I looked over and sure enough there was lollipop monkey, stuck to the wall ever so carefully with a big wad of scotch tape. I very slowly removed it being careful not to take off a hunk of paint with it so I could pop it on a card for my long overdue post! I chuckled to myself and decided that I will give this card to my daughter, to reminder her I'll always be here to give her a hug, even if she continues to decorate her playspace with moms expensive crafts! The funny thing is we've always called her our little monkey since she was a baby, always on the go, ready for fun, and full of mischief! You would never know it to look at her though!


Anyway, be sure to check out the brand new challenge today at By LORi Designs , the theme is 'All About Boy'! We hope to see you play along. You can link up your cards HERE!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Such a cute story. Made me smile! Gorgeous card and I can see why your daughter swiped your image! Your coloring is beautiful! ~kurlygirl Kurly-Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, and even lovlier story to go with it...how flattering that she loved the card enough to "swipe" it and hang it in her space. You are lucky to have such a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story...and such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story and such a cute card; I'm glad your daughter loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story! I think she most definately deserves that card!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I think it is adorable
    Trish
    krazykcrafters at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, so cute and perfect for your little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card!!! Great story... I hope she definitely love this cute card.. This colors are really nice. Thanks for this nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so funny, sounds like something my girls would do. They share my craft space with me and I have a drawer full of my "reject" cast offs...but to them they are great treasures and are always like "really mommy, I can have this?" it's pretty cute.
    Your card is adorable. Hope you're having a great long weekend. So far we've been pretty lucky with the weather here. Even today they were calling for thunderstorms, but nothin yet. I was secretly hoping for a bit of rain so I could craft. Lol

    ReplyDelete