Thursday, October 6, 2011

A cute little Boo...

Happy Fall y'all!!! I can't believe summer is over, the kids are back in school and the leaves are already turning! Waaaaaaaahhhhh! I love fall but I'm NOT ready for Winter to come! Lets get through Halloween first, but its hard when the stores are already stocking shelves full of Christmas stuff! Eeck!

Anyway, I'm slowly starting to get back into my crafty cave now that I have a 'bit' more time on my hands...today I'm showing you an adorable littte 'Boo' from By LORi Designs!!! How cute is he? This reminds me of the movie E.T. (not a huge fan, it totally scared me as a child)...but when they dressed him up as a ghost for Halloween and had him waddle around I thought it was too cute. This little ghost is part of a set called 'Peek & Boo' and can be found HERE along with many more adorable NEW images to play with!

Here's a close up of my colouring to show you how you can create the 'pleating' effect in the sheet. I used copics C0,1,3, and a bit of 5,for the deep shadows, and blended it out quite a bit with C00.
I'm entering this into the current MOJO MONDAY Sketch Challenge! Click here to see the sketch and play along! Also Papertake Weekly has an 'Anything Goes' Challenge! I'm playing along with that too!

Well, I'll be visiting with lots of family this weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving! To all my Canadian peeps, I'm wishing you happy and safe Thanksgiving! I know one thing I'm thankful for....YOU! Thanks for stopping by today!




Krista

10 comments:

  1. Krista - this is absolutely adorable!!! Love it!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This card is awesome! Great job! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks so much for the tips about colouring pleats, I needed to learn that. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can take some lines on a flat, plain piece of paper and turn it into a dimensional little ghost in a wavy sheet with a bit of ink and some great coloring skills! Great card! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a CUTE card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Krista! Fab coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Oh my goodness, Oh my my....Krista, this is darn Ca-UTE!!! WOWZA!! I gotta share this on the BLD facebook page/group!!! Thank you bunches!! Big hugs & Love- LORi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply adorable! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This image made me smile. So cute, and I love the little green bag he's carrying. Great orange accents.
    Annette
    xx
    Papertake Challenge GDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Krista,
    This is just totally adorable. I love your image & your colouring is fab - way too cute to spook! Loving those papers too! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete