Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fingerprint flowers and Butterfly thumbs...a new canvas!

I'm back with another fun little art project that you can do with your kids (or on your own as well).  Its been a little trend in our house lately that the days my daughter is home with me we do some kind of 'art' project.  I call it Homeschooling Art Class 101...lol!  There's so many fun things you can do with a little bit of paint, a blank canvas and a few tiny fingers and thumbs!  Here's what we came up with!


I've created a little step-by-step video tutorial to show you just how easy and FUN this is to do!  Both my daughter and I are very proud of it and think its pretty cool that the flowers and butterflies are made from our finger and thumb prints!  We have lots of homemade paintings with hand and foot prints from the kids but we've yet to do something like this!
 Here's the video! I hope you like it! 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so beautiful - I love the fingerprint flowers. And such a lovely project to do with your daughter - you both deserve to be very proud of it!
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LoVe this K!! Sweet little O's finger is too darn cute!! ♥ You need to be selling your art!! Seriously!!
    :o) LORi

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no - i MUST disagree!! lol NOTHING 101 about this canvas - it's absolutely STUNNING! bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realize this is an old post, but what kind of paint do you use on canvas? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete