Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mixed Media, little birdie with a big heart...

Here's my latest.  Mixed media on canvas.  My mom has been here since Friday and we decided to get messy and this is what I came up with.  Its totally not my usual style and definately not what I thought the end result would be but I went in with 'no plan' (which was hard because I always have a plan).  I just rolled with it.  My mom's is still a work-in-progress, its gorgeous and can't wait til its finished!

My fav lss The Paper Pickle has a ton of awesome art supplies from paint & stencils to rubons and brushes for mixed media art!  I've been collecting quite a stash and have to put them to use!  Here are the supplies I used:  Magenta Acrylic Paints, Claudine Helmuth Paints, Liquitex acrylic inks, Faber Castel India Inks, stayz-on ink pads, Kaiser Craft Rub-ons, Crafters Companion stencils, Basic Grey dp, doily, bubble wrap, punchinella, mesh, foam stamps, clear and rubber stamps, old book paper, music sheets, oh the list can go on and on....Just wanted to give you an idea on how you can create your own piece of art!  So much fun!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

2 comments: