Saturday, January 26, 2013

Something old, something new...

Welcome back for another awesome challenge here at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!!
 
This week our hostess is Sharon!! And her challenge is Something Old, Something New!!  So create a card, scrapbook page or altered item using something you've had for at least a year along with something brand new to you (could be stamp, paper,anything at all)!

I have to admit, I LOOOVED this  challenge!  I mean who doesn't have a whole bunch of crafty stuff that's been sitting in a drawer for the last (few years) just screaming to be used?  Ya I'm a total craft hoarder, sometimes I have to have it, but love it so much I won't use it!  Weird right? 

Well, for my card today I've used a Birthday sentiment from KKS's Everyday Trinket stamp sets!  I love the trinket sets, everyone should have a set (or two or three or four...) of these in their stamp arsenal!  So for the 'something old', I rounded up one of my favourite paper pads from My Minds Eye (Its the little things)...I've had it for over a year and looove these rich papers!  Also found the matching flowers to go with...ha, love it when that happens!  For my 'something new', I used my new Silhouette Cameo!  I can't tell you how much I love this machine!  I used to have a Cricut and there is no comparison!  Anyway, I found this beautiful card template (Card Filigree with Frame by Samantha Walker) and knew I had to use it!  I haven't attempted a really scrappy card in a long time, still not sure about it....but it was fun to make! 
 
 
We hope you can play along with our challenge!   Don't forget that our NEW January stamps are now available along with our Gimme Kimmies Kits....at a discount!! But only until Sunday night, so grab 'em up!!  Also, make sure you check out the Frugal Friday Special going on right now!  Get em while you can! 

Check out the wonderful creations by our Krafty Girls and Guests featuring this week's challenge!! If you join us and play along, you could WIN the gorgeous stamp, as featured on Sharon's beautiful card!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love that diecut piece and the gorgeous eclectic embellies you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! I think all crafters understand the tendency to hoard what we love, hahahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow just stunning krista! i love how that layering turned out...beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who says you 'don't do fussy cards!' You made a great job of it.....it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete