Friday, April 3, 2015

Keep calm and shine on....and some fun shoes...

Late post I know but had to share this fun painting I created for #AutismAwarenessDay.  On Thursday April 2nd my family and 'lit it up' #liub and wore blue in support of this day!  This cause is close to my heart in many ways...its amazing what children can do when you believe in them!

I used an 8x8 gallery stretched canvas and lots of Hazel and Ruby products!  I put a layer of Hazel and Ruby 'Pass the Tissue paper' (Ephemera Newspaper) then sprayed it with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Dragonfly blue.  I placed the stencil letters from the 'Brooklyn Alpha' stencil mask set and created the saying 'Keep Calm and Shine On'...I painted over the stencils with many different kinds of blue acrylic paint and more stencils, leaving a space to add the fun bits in the middle.  Once almost dry I slowly peeled back the letters and outlined them with some India Ink pens.  I added the lightbulb in the middle using some molding paste, a puzzle piece and lots of white paint!

This was alot of fun to create!   


On another note, wanted to share something I just finished working on!  I tried to order a pair of custom made chucks online to find that its only available to the U.S.  :(  So I found an old pair of black hightops and painted them up myself...they are canvas after all!!!  The paint that worked best on them was the Liquitex paint markers!  I love love love these handy lil things!  I used some bright colours so they would pop off the black canvas. (Light Blue Permanent, Vivid Lime Green, Medium Magenta, and Fluorescent Pink).  I didn't have one in white so I used my Uni-Ball Signo pigment ink pen and it worked like a dream for outlining!



I got a bit carried away with the tongue portion but what evs it was fun to do!  You gotta rock your chucks!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

42 comments:

  1. Oh this is so fabulous. I hope you linked up to the LIUB blog hop! http://kopykat-holly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS canvas Krista!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION for this AWESOME event for such a great cause!!!
    PS - your hightops are REALLY COOL too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful art piece! and my son's girlfriend would be jonesing for those chucks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and perfect for the hop! Love this sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krista - this is super awesome and that canvas is SO BLUEtiful!!! Love the deign of it and it just really ROCKS!!! As for your chucks - How cool are you?!?!?!!!! They are ultra amazing and now I want a pair to jazz up like you did!!! Kudos to you!! Thank you for participating and supporting this hop!! I hope you have an EXTRA SPECIAL DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this is amazing! And your tennis shoes are so dang fun! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. What a fabulous design - great sentiment! ....... and I love the chucks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful canvas! LOVE it!!! Pretty cool sneakers too....how fun! Thank you for joining the hop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cool mixed media canvas! It's definitely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your canvas! The light bulb with the puzzle pieces is just perfect and those sneakers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your canvas is a perfect promo piece! Love how you blinged up your hightops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card!! Love how you did the words and the background. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous paintings and adorable chucks! My daughter just painted some white ballet chucks flourescent pink . We mixed acrylic with texturizing medium, then sprayed them with shoe protector, and they are wonderful. She has been looking for 3 years for some pink that colour to no avail. She was tired of waiting and did her own they turned out amazing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can see the chucks at pepperpf on instagram if you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wooow your canvas totally beautiful I love the way you made it and the blue color on it
    great made dear friend (I cant found your name on the gallery of LIUB)
    AWESOME POST FOR HOP
    hugs,
    Monika
    (I love and proud to join this hop and hope you like to hop back to my card it is #155)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, fantastic artwork Krista! I am not a mixed-media type girl, but I really appreciate the talent of those that do it... and yours is awesome! And those shoes are FABULOUS! I dont think you went too crazy on the tongue, it looks perfect!
    Hugs,
    Nina-Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Creative, eyecatching canvas !
    Thanks for sharing your project in this amazing bloghop !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful work of art! LOVE all that texture and fun patterns! And your shoes rock! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your chucks and your canvas is amazing! I like how you did the words and images.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Upon a closer look I see this is a puzzle piece on top of a light bulb. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow....love the canvas and the chucks, they're AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like so much your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a perfect creation for this Hop, Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab cancas, and wonderful shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whoa!! Stunning canvas!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this is super cool, I love that you created a piece of art for this hop, awesome chucks too...so talented! I'm a new follower of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE this and the Shoes!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS Easter Sunday!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous blue project for the hop....love all the layers of color. And who can resist those awesome chucks??? (The term chucks was a new one to me...lol..I had to look it up!)
    Thanks for participating in this important hop!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. AMAZING!! Thank you for participating ♥

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow! These are both so awesome!!! Totally loving the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous canvas. I like the puzzle pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fabulous card. So glad to participate in such a fun and talented way to raise awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful canvas, love how you added the puzzle pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I WANT THOSE SHOES! :) Your canvas is amazing - I want to touch it! Thanks so much for joining in this blog hop that is making my heart sing :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. super cool, fun chuck taylors.........hope you have a fabulous week!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful art piece! Great creation. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete