Monday, September 21, 2009

Just splashin' by...

Ok, so I know summer is SO over but I made this card for our awesome neighbours who have always let us use their pool every year during the hot days of summer. We didn't see as much of their pool this summer due to the yucky weather we had (what was up with that?), but I still like to thank them for their generous hospitality! My son learned how to swim in their pool and this year my daughter whose almost 2 absolutely loved it! Actually my daughter kinda looks like 'Lily' on this card, piggy tails and all! I used 'Lily at the Beach' by Pink Cat Studio, and coloured her up with my copics. I used my Conte' pastels to shade around the image and a sponge with ink to soften the edges. The dp is by Basic Grey and I used pink Bazzill cardstock for the card base! I also added some crystal lacquer to the goggles and the flippers but you can't really tell from my picture! I hope they like it!
Thanks for looking, Bye for now!

p.s. so excited to find out the surprise Melissa has been teasing us with tomorrow at Pink Cat Studio, I hope its a new release!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card once again Krista! I love the colouring...fabulous! You know, you keep posting cards with stamps I do not own...and then I want them!!! (lol)

    Great job,

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete