Friday, September 14, 2012

A treat for someone sweet!

Please note: I'm attempting to post this via my iPhone....thought i'd give it a good ol college try so please disregard any spelling errors or rediculous words that auto correct will undoubtedly replace...

Hi everyone! Its been quite some time since I've posted on my blog. A lot of things have been going on since April. I initially took some time off to focus on some other things that I've always wanted to do. Then right in the middle of our summer vacation away we found out we have to move again!! So we are right smack dab in the middle of our transition. Things are crazy but I'm trying to keep things as calm and normal as it can be for the kids.

So one thing we've become addicted to making are these cool candy bouquets! Ive seen a ton of them all over PINTEREST and couldnt resist trying it! We made one for our friends as a farewell gift just like this one seen in the pictures. We came up with a cute little personalized poem to go with it. The one pictured below was made for our awesome staff that we have to leave and are very sad to say goodbye to. We left a message inside the card that read "Thanks for the sweet memories". We've also used the popular "moving sucks" & "leaving really blows" haha punny right? I took some step by step pictures.

Now I'm not sure if they will upload step by step but you'll get the idea.

Here's a list of the supplies I used:
Square plastic kleenex holder from the dollar store, styrofoam/oasis from Michaels, double sided FOAM tape (I tried the flat kind and the candy didn't have alot to 'grab' onto), tootsie pops, blowpops, regular suckers, bubbleking gum ball pkgs, individual bazooka and double bubble chewing gum.

The kids had a kick out of making it. Anyway hope you likey!

Will be back with more crafty posts once we are settled in our new house!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment