Saturday, March 15, 2014

Watercolors...Love 'em!!!

Happy Saturday everybody!!!  I have a quick little post today showing you a fun watercolor piece I did in my watercolor journal a while ago.  The stamp is from Unity and I used my beloved Peerless watercolors!  


This panel is about 6x6 and was done by stamping the adorable image using Archival Black Ink.  Then I just had some fun with all the beautiful colours in my Peerless pack!  I drew in a little border and filled it in with some black and white acrylic paint pens.  After I trimmed it down I used the leftovers and cut out some hearts and added them to the top of the tree.  This was a fun piece to make, it can be put on a card, or in an art journal or right now its just sitting on a little easel on my desk!  Love it!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Supplies Used:



Playing along with:

Virginia's View - Watercolors

7 comments:

  1. Hi Krista,
    Love this watercolour, gorgeous colours!
    All the little tweety birds are just the sweetest. A Happy Art Work!

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your artful approach with the water-colors, Krista! The colorful background is really captivating and eye-catching! Thanks so much for linking up to the first Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the color and whimsy of this adorable piece! Happy ppf! Good job!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how sweet-and I love my Peerless colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your adorable artwork. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little image ~ and I love the vibrant background colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love Peerless Watercolors. I even bought the bottles of liquid because I was using up the papers too quickly. Great work!

    ReplyDelete