Wednesday, October 21, 2009

You Brighten My World!!!



This past weekend I was supposed to attend a 'crop weekend' here in London, but due to our busy schedule I was only able to go for a little bit on Saturday! Well I was supposed to go for the whole day but I ended up having a Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day lol (if you have kids you may be familiar with that book), I SO wanted to move to Australia just like Alexander...lol!!! The good part about my day was that I was able to hang with my friends, meet some great new gals, and I finally finished this layout I've been working on forever!!!

I saw this layout in the Spring 2009 issue of Scrapbook & Cards today (p23) and promised myself I would attempt it. Although it took a while and after scrounging for what seemed like a gazillion embellies, I am very pleased with the finished product. In fact it is probably going to go in a frame and put in my daughters room. As complicated as it looks it was pretty simple to do. Here's what I did: I used white Bazzill cardstock for the top layer and just plain white for the background. I used my CM Circle Cutters and cut random circles of different sizes. I chalked the edges with different colours. I used a pencil to trace the circle onto the background paper. Then I was on the hunt for embellishments of any kind....most of which came from Scrappin Great Deals! (also raided my friends stash's too!) I filled in the circles with as many embellishments as possible. I used my cricut (cuttin up font) for the saying. I stamped the butterfly (one of my favorite parts of the layout) (Basic Grey Wisteria Flutter Stamp - thanks to Shanda ) and completely cut it out, added some bling, curled the edges and popped it on the edge of the picture to fill in the empty space. Finito!
Looking forward to the next weekend crop with my gals!!!
I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Krista, your daughter is adorable ! Great layout and I'm loving all of those embellishments! This will look awesome all framed up ! ;o) Tracy

    ReplyDelete