Thursday, November 6, 2014

Paper, pencils and gelatos, oh my!!!

Happy Thursday all!  Just a quick little post showing you what you can do with a piece of paper, a quick sketch with a pencil, some pencil crayons and of course some Gelatos®!

I roughly sketched out my girl.  I don't really care that she's not perfect, or that its 'scribbly', I like that look and am trying to find my way in drawing faces...


I took my Prismacolor Pencil crayons and went to work bringing her face to life...I use a blending stump and some gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) to blend the pencil crayons...


I thought I would try a different medium for the hair and took a black Double Scoop Gelato® and went to work laying down the colour and blending wtih my fingers...

I wanted to add a background so I used the Double Scoop Gelatos® in Raspberry and Silver Ice.

Blended it in with my finger to create a smooth finish.

Its fun to just play around and test out different mediums.  I'll keep working on my faces, they're coming along slowly but surely...

Try something new today, get creative and have fun!!!
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

3 comments: